What is the Transportation System Plan?
The Transportation System Plan (TSP) provides a long-term guide for City transportation investments. The plan evaluates the current transportation system and outlines policies and projects that are important to protecting and enhancing the quality of life in Philomath. Plan elements can be implemented by the City, private developers, and county, state or federal agencies. A TSP is required by the State of Oregon to help integrate our plans into the statewide transportation system.
Philomath is beginning the process to identify opportunities to improve the current transportation system and develop a fiscally realistic forecast of what it may look like through 2040. The plan will balance the needs of walking, bicycling, driving, transit and freight into an equitable and efficient transportation system. The TSP can also be a tool for reflecting community values and protecting what makes Philomath a great place to call home, do business, and visit.
The Transportation System Planning process includes a number of steps:
- Setting Goals & Objectives: This step asks the community to identify its needs and how the transportation system might help solve existing problems and shape the way the City looks and works in the future.
- Evaluating Existing and Future Transportation Conditions: Ensure the existing conditions and deficiencies of the Philomath transportation system are accurately documented. Identify and analyze the conditions that will impact Philomath’s transportation system in 2040, such as growth and changing demand.
- Developing Transportation Solutions: Identify evaluation criteria to measure whether projects are appropriate to include in the TSP. Develop and evaluate solutions and projects for the identified needs of the transportation system through 2040. The Evaluation Criteria will be used to determine the ‘best fit’ transportation system to satisfy the Goals and Objectives of the TSP.
- Financially Constrained Planning: The Final Plan will be based on financial projections of federal, state, and local funding availability for transportation system improvements.
- Developing a Draft TSP: The solutions and projects that best meet the project goals, objectives and evaluation criteria will be incorporated into a Draft TSP.
Philomath TSP Project Schedule
Click on schedule below to enlarge. Or click on the Philomath Transportation System Plan Project Schedule to download.